opinions on the movie to come

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

parauparisaena

opinions on the movie to come

Post by parauparisaena »

I know that Oliver Stone is shooting a movie "Alexander" for october 2002, and Luz B...something...man, the one of Moulin Rouge, as well!
I'm rather concerned about the goodness of such deeds, and hopeful towards the Stones's film!!!
But...Luz B...man? With a blondie baby like Di Caprio as Alexander? Agh! I cannot help thinking that the personality of the King will be razed to ground, and the movie'll be only a best seller colossal of the next year!
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: opinions on the movie to come

Post by ruthaki »

With careful casting it could be a good movie as Oliver Stone is generally adept at directing. However, the way it's shaping up I have little faith that it will be much better than that fiasco made with Richard Burton years ago. EXcept that no doubt the sets will be more 'realistic'.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

I thought that Leondardo di Caprio has been eliminated from the role. He certainly would not be the right choice for such a plum.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

I have to say that whoever is cast as Alexander should have real muscle as well as handsome appearance. DiCaprio is too skinny!
andrewt1978

Post by andrewt1978 »

No matter what, I look forward to the movies being released.
andrewt1978

Post by andrewt1978 »

Oh what sad news I bear. It seems that Leonardo DiCaprio has indeed benn cast as Alexander according to IMDB. copy and paste this link: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0327405
Carl

Post by Carl »

...and Nicole Kidman as Olympia. Ugh. I hope she doesn't start singing.
andrewt1978

Post by andrewt1978 »

Nicole Kidman singing...Now that's a nightmare.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Well, I have to disagree on both counts.First, Nicole Kidman isn't actually a bad singer. OK, she's hardly a professional, but it isn't fair to knock her.Second, I actually think she would be an excellent Olympias. She's got the looks, and she's certainly a good enough actress to do the part justice... much more justice than Leo will do as Alexander.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
andrewt1978

Post by andrewt1978 »

I wasn't saying she'd be a bad Olympias, truth is, I think she's perfect for the role. I'm just not a very big fan of the music from Moulin Rouge.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Well, that's all right, then! :-)But I wouldn't want people to think I won't let them have their own opinions... to be honest, although I enjoyed Moulin Rouge immensely, I won't be in a hurry to buy the soundtrack.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK