Oliver Stone's World Trade Center

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Oliver Stone's World Trade Center

Post by jan »

:lol: :D I just saw World Trade Center. I loved this movie. It is to my regret that I did not see this movie sooner, but now that I have finally seen it, I recommend it to all who are interested in the daily life of a police officer in NYC on a very special day. This movie is not a typical Oliver Stone film, but it is a great film for those who want to see courage and valor in action when under stress.

It does have a happy ending, is a bit romantic, and does show the ordinary responses that the average man had on that day. None of the stars grandstand so that each and every actor and actress make you feel at home with them in their efforts to convey life in America when in crisis.

The hallucinatory scenes are touching as we get a glimpse into the souls of those who had only to wait to serve...a bit of a touch of Milton in this movie imo.

I do believe that this movie is another that will be liked better as it ages. It is a good film, and Oliver Stone deserves his due for giving these men recognition and their day in the sun. I recommend it highly.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Oliver Stone's World Trade Center

Post by marcus »

jan wrote::lol: :D I just saw World Trade Center. I loved this movie. It is to my regret that I did not see this movie sooner, but now that I have finally seen it, I recommend it to all who are interested in the daily life of a police officer in NYC on a very special day. This movie is not a typical Oliver Stone film, but it is a great film for those who want to see courage and valor in action when under stress.

It does have a happy ending, is a bit romantic, and does show the ordinary responses that the average man had on that day. None of the stars grandstand so that each and every actor and actress make you feel at home with them in their efforts to convey life in America when in crisis.

The hallucinatory scenes are touching as we get a glimpse into the souls of those who had only to wait to serve...a bit of a touch of Milton in this movie imo.

I do believe that this movie is another that will be liked better as it ages. It is a good film, and Oliver Stone deserves his due for giving these men recognition and their day in the sun. I recommend it highly.
Hi Jan,

I regret not seeing the film when it initially came out; but it's out on DVD in the UK now so I imagine I shall watch it at some point soon. It did look as if it was pretty impressive - and I believe that it is remarkably close to the true stories of the men Cage and his fellow actors portray.

I'm not sure that "a very special day" is the most appropriate way to refer to 9/11 - it makes it sounds more like a wedding ... :wink:

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
LocoRoco86

Post by LocoRoco86 »

I was extremely disappointed with WTC...i think the biggest gripe being Cage...he just can't play serious roles :?