Memnon Released

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

ScottOden
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Memnon Released

Post by ScottOden »

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce that my second novel, Memnon, is now available in hardcover from Medallion Press (via amazon or your local bookstore). The short synopsis:

Born in the shadow of giants, Memnon of Rhodes (375-333 BCE) rose from humble origins to command the whole of western Asia in a time of chaos and bloodshed. To his own people he was a traitor; to his rivals, a mercenary. But, to the King of Kings, his majesty Darius III of Persia, Memnon was the one man who could check the rising ambitions of MacedoniaGÇÖs young monarch GÇö the conqueror history would remember as Alexander the Great.

An excerpt is posted in the Showcase -- New Books section of the main Pothos site. This forum proved to be an invaluable resource as I wrote the book, and for that I'd like to thank everyone who answered my questions and provided lively debate.

If you pick it up, I hope you enjoy it! Oh, and no Greek names were shortened during the making of this book ;)

Best,

Scott
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Congrats

Post by dean »

Hello Scott!!

Well Done!!! I look forward to reading it- glad to hear that it comes out today of all days!!! cos today I am one year older!

Best wishes,
Dean
carpe diem
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Memnon Released

Post by marcus »

ScottOden wrote: If you pick it up, I hope you enjoy it! Oh, and no Greek names were shortened during the making of this book ;)
Glad to hear it, Scott. Congrats - I'm leaving on holiday in a few hours, so won't get a chance to to order it before I return ... but it has been on my Amazon wishlist for a while.

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Congrats

Post by marcus »

dean wrote:Hello Scott!!

Well Done!!! I look forward to reading it- glad to hear that it comes out today of all days!!! cos today I am one year older!

Best wishes,
Dean
Happy birthday, Dean!

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Post by dean »

Hello,

Thanks a lot Marcus, and have a lovely holiday!!!! :)

Best regards,
Dean
carpe diem
ScottOden

Post by ScottOden »

Ditto what Marcus said, Dean -- Happy Birthday!

Enjoy your holiday, Marcus!

Best,

Scott
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: Memnon Released

Post by amyntoros »

ScottOden wrote:If you pick it up, I hope you enjoy it! Oh, and no Greek names were shortened during the making of this book ;)
And no Persian names either, I hope! :wink: Am looking forward to reading your novel. I'll be purchasing a few books today (courtesy of several months of Coinstar Amazon certificates) and will definitely include yours.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
ScottOden

Post by ScottOden »

Thanks Amyntoros!

Actually, I did shorten one Persian name: Ariobarzanes, one of the sons of Artabazus; his brothers call him 'Ari'. Mainly I did it to speed the narrative along (meaning, I was feeling lazy and hated typing 'ariobarzanes' over and over ;) ). Otherwise, I refrained from using nicknames, pet names, battle names, etc.

Best,

Scott