Do people read here?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

tonia

Do people read here?

Post by tonia »

"Since they speak the same language, they should end their disputes by means of heralds or messengers..." (Herodotos, The histories 7.9.2)read that book... it helps you understand...faq.macedonia.com is not literature...
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: Do people read here?

Post by amyntoros »

Yes, some of us do read here, and we read the header at the top of the forum page which says:This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are: The Greek/Macedonian debate . . .
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Skewered it like a souvlaki "Amyntoros"!Paralus.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
arhidia

Post by arhidia »

Men of Athens... I am myself Hellene by descent, I am Alexander of Macedon." (Herodotus, The Histories, 9.45)
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Touche folks! Bravo.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

The Kalash, Macedonians in Pakistan, believed to be
descendants of Alexander's army, are not related to the modern Greeks.Y-Chromosomal DNA Variation in Pakistan
Overall, no support for a Greek origin of their Y chromosomes was found, but
this conclusion does require the assumption that modern Greeks are
representative of Alexander's armies.http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... tid=447589