Interesting scenes in the Alexander movie

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Cyrus

Interesting scenes in the Alexander movie

Post by Cyrus »

I like these scenes: http://www.allempires.com/images/Alexmovie.JPG1.Darius gets away from Alexander's spear2.A Persian cat in Babylon Palace3.Bagoas (when Aexander sees him for the first time)4.Paying homage to the princess Statira5.Alexander's smile (when princess Statira says "Everything I wish I have hmmm requested!")6.An Indian (When Roxane says to Alexander "In Persia you are a great king, here (India) they hate you!")
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Interesting scenes in the Alexander movie

Post by ruthaki »

I agree Cyrus. In spite of the terrible panning the critiques have given it, I've seen it twice, loved it more the second time, and hope to see it again this week. There are flaws, to be sure, but there are also some brilliant moments.
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

HiThe film is due to open in the UK shortly and, in spite of it's reception in the US, I can't wait. I don't expect to take more than a few scenes as special memories - but if that happens, the movie will have done it's job for me. Poor Stone, he left out some battles! Which would you exclude? A hundred ATG fans would produce 100 different versions.
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by jona »

The scene I liked best was the beginning of the Indian battle: the Macedonians hearing their enemy and not seeing it. For a moment, I thought I understood their fear. Then, the battle started, and Stone spoiled it all with bombastic light effects.Another good scene was the last dialogue between Philip and Alexander. You know Philip is doomed, and then he says to his son "why do you want to walk next to me, as a bodyguard? just for once let me feel that the people like me".Jona