Able To View On Facebook

Discuss the culture of Alexander's world and his image in art

Moderator: pothos moderators

bessusww
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Able To View On Facebook

Post by bessusww »

Many moons ago following a weeks sick and watching Jerremy Kyle....Facebook came to my attention...Im no fan of Social Network sights Jeremy Kyle been the appropriate link and why I don't just out of curiosity I signed up under a name Paul Sowerby for a nosey and just to see if I knew anyone.

Anyway ive managed to put the pictures of the bust in facebook,if anyone would like to take a look just look up Paul Sowerby.

Thanks
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Able To View On Facebook

Post by marcus »

bessusww wrote:Many moons ago following a weeks sick and watching Jerremy Kyle....Facebook came to my attention...Im no fan of Social Network sights Jeremy Kyle been the appropriate link and why I don't just out of curiosity I signed up under a name Paul Sowerby for a nosey and just to see if I knew anyone.

Anyway ive managed to put the pictures of the bust in facebook,if anyone would like to take a look just look up Paul Sowerby.

Thanks
There appear to be around 15 Paul Sowebys on Facebook. Can you give us a hint as to which one we should look at - or put in a link here?

Cheers
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
bessusww

Post by bessusww »

Absolutely Marcus///Ive put a Pergamon original in Frofile and location is York.

I dont know how to put in links etc sorry
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

bessusww wrote:Absolutely Marcus///Ive put a Pergamon original in Frofile and location is York.
And that in no way surprises Kenny.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

bessusww wrote:Absolutely Marcus///Ive put a Pergamon original in Frofile and location is York.

I dont know how to put in links etc sorry
Oh, OK. Here it is, for anyone else who wants to have a gander.

So is the profile picture the copy you got in Turkey. If it is, then I have to say I am quite impressed - very often these reproductions available in tourist places aren't actually very good!

ATB
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
bessusww

Post by bessusww »

no marcus

The Profile picture is a Pergamon image I googled months ago...Looking at my statues the intact nose is the only noticable difference...it kinda makes me think to break of the nose

atb
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

bessusww wrote:no marcus

The Profile picture is a Pergamon image I googled months ago...Looking at my statues the intact nose is the only noticable difference...it kinda makes me think to break of the nose

atb
YEs, I thought you had said that your repro had the nose intact. I shall look forward to searching for one of my own during my holiday!

ATB
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
bessusww

Post by bessusww »

Good look ...I looked all over...the smaller ones were readily available in most shops in Kussadasi///But only the one shop down an obscure alley had the 2 i bought