A Time For Oscars

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

bessusww
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

A Time For Oscars

Post by bessusww »

I hope its not too far off topic but its Oscar time...I revisit Stones Alexander and the opportunity to do an Alexander movie has gone forever.

Today all we have is Rom Coms.Justin Bieber.Zack Eckron...Can anyone in Pothos suggest any Actors at all now up to filling the roll...You will draw a great fat duck..Even Decaprio who as matured to a great Actor and done some top movies is now too old. Maybe could get Alexanders latter years but he sure grew out of Titanic and emerged the best actor of his generation.

And one question...Was the Cohan Brothers True Gritt better than the duke...No please no one say yes

Richard
Paralus
Chiliarch

Re: A Time For Oscars

Post by Paralus »

Yes.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Hello Richard,

I have not seen the most recent version of True Grit as I am a died in the wool John Wayne fan too. Nobody but he could be Rooster! By the way, welcome to the group. I had not known that the Duke had portrayed Genghis Khan until you mentioned it here. I must see that film now. What is the name of the movie? Jan
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Oh, and speaking of Oscars, I did see the movie The King's Speech. Excellent film. I liked it a lot. Recommend it highly. Jan :D
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

HI Richard, I just went to youtube to see John Wayne in The Conquerors with Susan Hayward...now that is the joke of all time if you ask me, John Wayne playing Genghis Khan...the voice alone was so dreadful that it was like scraping your fingers down a chalkboard! AGH! NONONONO! Oh NO! :x YIkes!
bessusww
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by bessusww »

hi Jan

I'm pleased you looked at John Wayne as Ghenghis Khan...Absolutely off the wall...Even the horses were so wrong...Not the shaggy real monghul Poneys but those huge western Steeds.

As said before the Modern movies on him look so much real...Its really a shame that Oliver Stone couldnt take a leaf ...As said I think it was an opportunity wasted...John Waynes Accent was as Stupid as Alexander with Irish Accents
Semiramis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Semiramis »

I thought the Celtic accents may have been in the movie to imply that Macedonians were 'outsiders' and looked down upon by the Greeks - who all had posh English accents.