Was Alex an epileptic?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Death of Barbarossa

Post by marcus »

Hi Yiannis,I haven't read Baudolino yet, although it is on my list (which means it could take years, as my list is very long!).I'm not entirely sure whether Eco is 'wrong' by introducing the swim, but certainly I have never heard that one before. I have a rather nice book (somewhere) that has a young-adult biography of Barbarossa in it, and it has an action-filled (?) illustration of the king falling off his horse into the river... but that doesn't necessarily mean anything!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Was Alex an epileptic?

Post by Nicator »

Hello Ruth,I've posted on this one before, and will repeat it here. The classic head tilt is typically associated with a calcium deficiency. It is usually accompanied by a slightly lowered shoulder opposite the tilt. The head tilt is the bodies way of compensating for the spinal subluxation. It is typical for people with very active lives...which definitely fits the bill of Alexander...later Nicator
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander