The conduct of civilized warfare

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Phalanx Pursos
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

The conduct of civilized warfare

Post by Phalanx Pursos »

Alexander the great once said;
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all."

This is such an important regulation during times of war.

Besides Alexander the great's wise sayings I also am a great admirer of Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, for the simple that he based his military campaigns on Humanitarian missions. That is something very special in military history, truly I admire those strategists who have a concern for Human dignity & liberty. Cyrus II based his Mesapotamian campaigns on liberating the Judaists & Semites, what happened during the Darius dynasty regarding Humanitarian missions seems rather unclear to me.

It is utmost essential to base military campaigns on the concern for Human dignity.

Everyone who's interested in military strategy should also study more about; morality, virtues, justice, retribution & Human Rights, because those aspects of morality make the conduct of warfare more civilized. We only have to enjoy the benefits of essential moral experiences which have been gained in the past, thereby it can be possible to make the conduct of warfare more civilized.

Constantine the great once said;
"To will that those things which belong of right to another, should not only be left unmolested, but should also be restored."
Aristoteles;
"Friendship is essentially a partnership"
ImageImage
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: The conduct of civilized warfare

Post by marcus »

Phalanx Pursos wrote:... I also am a great admirer of Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, for the simple that he based his military campaigns on Humanitarian missions.
Eh?
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK