Pantheon High

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

rjones2818
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Pantheon High

Post by rjones2818 »

This is a little off topic, but I thought some of you might like it (and no, I'm not associated with the book, I just liked it). It's a manga set at a high school for the modern day progeny of the various world pantheons.

http://www.amazon.com/Pantheon-High-1-P ... 286&sr=1-1

Rex :)
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Pantheon High

Post by marcus »

rjones2818 wrote:This is a little off topic, but I thought some of you might like it (and no, I'm not associated with the book, I just liked it). It's a manga set at a high school for the modern day progeny of the various world pantheons.

http://www.amazon.com/Pantheon-High-1-P ... 286&sr=1-1

Rex :)
Well, off topic, yes, but it looks quite fun all the same! 8) It does sound a bit like that film that came out a year or so ago, about a high school for the children of superheroes ... not that I saw it.

Cheers
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

I, ahh, ...ahem...did.

I do have a ten and an eight year old though. And I did take them to the drive-in where I could sit out back of the Outback (a "station wagon") - in my exquisitely comfortable camp chair - with a bottle of red and tandoori chicken while the children sat in the wagon's tray with mattresses and pillows under a doona (it was winter).

God, how times have changed in twenty three years of marriage.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Paralus wrote:I, ahh, ...ahem...did.

I do have a ten and an eight year old though. And I did take them to the drive-in where I could sit out back of the Outback (a "station wagon") - in my exquisitely comfortable camp chair - with a bottle of red and tandoori chicken while the children sat in the wagon's tray with mattresses and pillows under a doona (it was winter).

God, how times have changed in twenty three years of marriage.
And how was the film? Or were you too engrossed in your chicken to pay attention? :)

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

It was a double play - as they do at drive-ins. The first was Ice Age II which reasonable though not as good as the original (what's new?).

By the second film - and here I must say that I forgot to mention the few ales before heading off - I wasn't taking too much notice. Kurt Russel sort of does that to me. Even when he's playing an overbearing pompous goose (himself possibly). It wasn't a film - like Ice Age or Shrek - full of snappy one liners and such. Most of them were so telegraphed they were being delivered by ocean liners.

I actually sort of rooted for the Clantons in Tombstone when I realised Kurt was Wyatt. Val Kilmer was the star turn in that flick though.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu