Cant Afford Light Bulbs ?

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

Cant Afford Light Bulbs ?

Post by jasonxx »

Does anyone in Pothos ever get fed up with film makers not using light bulbs. Ive just watched the Trailers for 300 and it mostly looks in the dark or darkish.

Everytime I ever went to Greece it was always bright and sunny. This Gothic darkness stuff gets on my nerves, Whats it all about.? I like to see whats going on. Even the modern Science fiction. Highly advannced spaceships yet a low supply of light bulbs.

At least Gaugamela was filmed in daylight and sunshine.

Reagrds

Kenny
Efstathios
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Efstathios »

300 by Frank Miller is supposed to be this way. It isnt an actuall representation of places or events. It was a comic book that has been made into a movie, and the comic has this gothic look.

As for spaceships... i think you can see outside of the window better with low lighting.
rocktupac
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by rocktupac »

That's exactly right, 300 isn't supposed to be ultra-realistic or even depict Greece historically accurate. As for other cases, many filmmakers tend to use a more "natural lighting" approach when filming scenes; using artificial lighting can create a sense of just that, artificiality.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

I like to see whats going on and anything at all to do with Greece has to be well lit.

The Phrase from Leonidas about combating Arrows. "Well figt in the Shade"

With the dull lighting theres no need for the quote nor any need to fight in the Foooking Shade. O dear Am I a grumpy old man?

Kenny