julius caesar vs Alexander

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Ariovistus

julius caesar vs Alexander

Post by Ariovistus »

hey anyone i'm doing an assignment in comparing the political leadership of Julius Caesar to Alexandefr and im wondering if any of you know any good references?
agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Re: julius caesar vs Alexander

Post by agesilaos »

Aside from reading the sources Plutarch compares these two in his pasrrallel lives, which is why they have set this assignment I think.
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Alexander Greater
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

:shock:
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

:lol:
aleksandros
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by aleksandros »

You should write that Alexander ... OMG i don't dare to start writing!!!
ΤΩ ΚΡΑΤΕΡΩ
jan
Strategos (general)

JCvsATG

Post by jan »

I would say that Julius Caesar owns his world while Alexander just rented the space to conquer...In other words, Alexander never settles down;whereas, Caesar knows he is at home period, and he owns his own world! (Think about it!) Hail Caesar, Ruler! of the world! Believe me, Caesar is THE ruler of his world! Alexander just always wants to go on and on and on and on, like our little everlasting battery....
rocktupac
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by rocktupac »

As far as political leadership, I would use more recent sources that tend to focus on an outsiders (Westerners) view of Alexander and Caesar. Using primary sources, such as Plutarch, would be far more exaggerated and inaccurate. Plutarch is notorious for exaggerating tales and often possibly even creating some of his own to illustrate a point more related to morality than politics.