Camping For A Month

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

Camping For A Month

Post by jasonxx »

For Porthonians and a general idea what Porthonians admire.

Were you to be starandd on a dezert Island for a month. And could choose any 3 Comapanions alive or dead Who would you choose and why?

First Alexander and spend the nights chatting.

2nd Elvis although very weak minded man I feel was a great man who conquered the world with his music and Charisma not matched in my opinion since or maybe before.

3rd Ray Mears For survival and his whole outlook on the enviroment and habitats.

Kenny
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Camping For A Month

Post by marcus »

jasonxx wrote:For Porthonians and a general idea what Porthonians admire.

Were you to be starandd on a dezert Island for a month. And could choose any 3 Comapanions alive or dead Who would you choose and why?

First Alexander and spend the nights chatting.

2nd Elvis although very weak minded man I feel was a great man who conquered the world with his music and Charisma not matched in my opinion since or maybe before.

3rd Ray Mears For survival and his whole outlook on the enviroment and habitats.

Kenny
I can't resist a less elevated reply:

Teri Hatcher, Kylie Minogue, Salma Hayek.

If you have to ask why ...

:roll:

ATB :wink:
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

:idea:
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Companions on a desert island???

Post by ruthaki »

Well, Alexander #1, followed by King Hussein of Jordan (and Queen Noor) because he's someone I greatly admired and I Noor is a fabulous role model. And third, Kofi Annan because of his grace and intellect and the way he conducted himself in the United Nations. (theres a few others, count in Nelson Mandala and Canada's Pierre Trudeau, and I wouldn't even mind a secluded weekend with Castro and Che Gueverra.)

Oh god, the list goes on! 8)
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Ruthaki Hail

I ask these questions to see what kinds of people Porthinians admire. I maybe wrong but wasnt Kofi Anan suspected of taking backhanders.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

People we admire

Post by ruthaki »

Wasn't it Kofi Annan's son that was suspected of some misdeeds? I can't imagine Kofi himself doing anything illegal.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Talking of camping. I guess I got this fantasical idea Im macho and could follow Alexander.

Yet about 2 years ago I went camping to the Lake District. It started raining and became a little cold. So I whinged packed up drove through the night and came home. :oops:

kenny
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Camping

Post by ruthaki »

Hello Kenny, well to tell the truth, I'm an experienced solo camper and my best camping trips have been in Greece. A lot of my researching up in Macedonia was done while I was camping at various campsites there. As well I've camped on several of the islands and the last time I took my tent along, in the southern Peloponnese. I love it and hope to do more of these trips although the last time (and this time coming up) I'll be traveling around with friends, acting as tour guide. I actually have published an article on camping in Greece.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Ruthaki hail

I would guess its much more pleasant camping in the Sunny Greek weather. Unlike the Rain sodded Lake district. :(

Kenny
dean
Hetairos (companion)

LOST

Post by dean »

Hi Jas,

Are we talking here and all out and out LOST scenario here or are we talking desert island discs and which babes you'd most like to go to the blue lagoon with?

Well, if it is the latter, I would go for Beyonce for being an all out and out great entertainer,- Nigella for cooking me dinner nice(just how I like it) and lastly I concur with Marcus- in his excellent choice of Salma Hatek.(around the time of her shooting from Dusk til dawn.)

if it is the former, I would choose- Alexander of course, 'cos he'd be probably cooking bacon sandwiches for everybody before anyone else got up, and secondy Julius C. and Leonardo Da' Vinci.

Best regards,
Dean
carpe diem
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Leonardi De Vinci.

Just lately Ive read and realise theres mote to him than Paintion. Alexander has been labeled a genius in areas. But Davinci has to be higher og Genius stakes. The Guy invented Helicopters war machines just to name 2. A reall top boy.

Kenny