Physical Condition Of The Ancients

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

Physical Condition Of The Ancients

Post by jasonxx »

In the Uk we have a real fantastic guy, Called Ray Mears. Hes a survival expert . He hunts and makes things etc etc. Hes got a new series trying to trace the eating habits of the British Hunter gatherers from the Stone age.

What amaizes me and reflects with Alexanders people later, Is the simplicity and needs of such people. Not a lot of variation. No additives and everything totally natural with Disinfectants etc. I would wager those people didnt suffer the ailments etc that we have today.

The Ancients Must have been similar. Although they had farming and food production. The food and ingredients must have been as Organic as one would wish. Therefore the physical health and general condition of the Ancients must have been very good maybe not. I work withing enviroments where hands clothes utensils etc must be sterilised due to the health risks.

I love the old ideas where meat was hung in saw dusty Butchers etc. Does anyone have any understanding of the Ancient Greek food or diets. It would be interesting to know. What would a Macedonian march and fight on. As Napoleon said an Army marches on it stomach what was in the Macedonians?

Kenny
aleksandros
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by aleksandros »

Meditteranean diet i guess. And MANY onions.

As for Alexander, it was never mentioned, i think he might used Royal jelly. I can't explain his restless performance otherwise.
ΤΩ ΚΡΑΤΕΡΩ