Newbie here :)

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Lutka

Newbie here :)

Post by Lutka »

Hi everyone
my name is Silvia and I've been lurking on your forum for the past couple of days,and I have to say I enjoyed immensly your discussion on Alexander and his era and learned a lot from it. Briefly I can say I'm 26 and Italian,I'm studying foreign language and literatures at University and I've been fascinated ( or obssessed maybe ) with Alexander ever since I read Plutarch Parallel Lives when I was 12.I'm pretty new to the internet and I had no idea there could ever be a discussion forum on Alexander,so I'm truly glad I found you guys and I'm looking forward learning and sharing thoughts with you all,although I guess It will need me some time to have the courage to talk with you,you're all far too advanced for me :P :oops: Also I wanted to say in advance to excuse me for my english,and I hope I can make myself understand at least :)
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Newbie here :)

Post by marcus »

Lutka wrote:Hi everyone
my name is Silvia and I've been lurking on your forum for the past couple of days,and I have to say I enjoyed immensly your discussion on Alexander and his era and learned a lot from it. Briefly I can say I'm 26 and Italian,I'm studying foreign language and literatures at University and I've been fascinated ( or obssessed maybe ) with Alexander ever since I read Plutarch Parallel Lives when I was 12.I'm pretty new to the internet and I had no idea there could ever be a discussion forum on Alexander,so I'm truly glad I found you guys and I'm looking forward learning and sharing thoughts with you all,although I guess It will need me some time to have the courage to talk with you,you're all far too advanced for me :P :oops: Also I wanted to say in advance to excuse me for my english,and I hope I can make myself understand at least :)
Hi Silvia,

Welcome to Pothos - it's always nice to get new Alexander enthusiasts join us. I see that you've already started joining in the discussion - sometimes people lurk for much longer before getting stuck in.

I'm sure we're not all "too advanced" for you - one of the things I've always liked about Pothos is that anyone can find a discussion that suits them, whatever their level of knowledge or indeed their particular interest.

And please don't apologise for your English - it's better than most of us can write Italian! Pothos is very fortunate to have members from all over the world, and not just English-speaking countries. Everyone is welcome, and no-one will care about how things are expressed.

All the best
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Well said Marcus!

Welcome Lutka. And, take the man's advice and continue getting stuck in...
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu