Alexander the...time traveler.

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

f9bob

Re: Alexander the...time traveler.

Post by f9bob »

If we see realy what have been done,it is real history full of fictions?Maybe these are reasons for
movement for revision of history like Formenko in paralel to "official".In production of Gladiator
director Ridley Scott have point out some of stupid and imposible view of historical advisors for simple and common acts "done" in the Roman times.
From houndreds of experts and their "explanations"
with altitude of "known all",I can accept even one
like this...time traveler...to be with same dignity like many others from many other experts...by the way some of them have even identified sexsual and nathional preferences of the main historical figure.
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Post by karen »

You were in science fiction fandom? What years?I was too... most active in Toronto.
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Fools, with your crazy tin-foil-hat fantasies!

Post by karen »

C'mon, get real! It is a fact, Alexander is ELVIS.
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Mid eighties to mid nineties - mostly Blake's 7 conventions and clubs. I still go to Lunacon once a year to keep in contact with old friends. :-)
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: Fools, with your crazy tin-foil-hat fantasies!

Post by amyntoros »

Nah, Karen. Alexander can't be Elvis! Elvis is working the night shift with Tupac at my local Dunkin Donuts!!!
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Yes Karen! you can see it now eh?Just prior to the Indian campaign, sequined Persian robes, swinging hips and singing to a section of the high command:So here I go again,
With and old friend I knew,We Can't go on together,
With supspicious minds.
And we can't build my realm,
With suspicious minds...
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Post by karen »

LOL!!Fact is, it's the rhinestones that Kleitos objected to. And Alvis stuck him with a mike-stand, not a spear.You know... some schmuck is going to read this and it's going to become one of those Internet tales about AtG...
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

And it wasn't an arrow in India - just twenty-one too many pappadams on top of the three dozen naan and a quart and a half of rogan josh.Lord knows what he ate in Babylon after Gedrosia!
Possibly he over indulged at McNebuchadnezzars, Hungry Ptolemy's (where the goats are barbequed) and MFD (Mesopotamian Fried Duck) followed by a box of Kraterus Kremes and swished down with that marvelous Persian grape syrah.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu