Menander or Milinda greater than ATG ?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

flash

Menander or Milinda greater than ATG ?

Post by flash »

I have recently read about this Greek Bactrian King who came about 130 years after ATG. strabo among others say might have been greater that the mighty ATG.Could it be? It is said he subdued many more tribes and peoples than our guy?!true or falsegeorge
elentari

Re: Menander or Milinda greater than ATG ?

Post by elentari »

*Weep*only my Alexander was and will be the best king.And I accept no disagreement.
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Menander or Milinda greater than ATG ?

Post by kenny »

Sorry George.If anyone were Greater or even near its gotta be;George Armstrong Custer. Or the Great Lord Chelmsford of The Zulu wars.Sorry for the witt boys he appears to have conquered into India it does say in the Military Encyclopecia he was more influence in India than Alexander. But on reflection Alexanders was fresh into Indian territory and unknown with the Adddition he and his men were beggining to be fed up. I would catagorically say that Alexanders entitial conquests made it some what easier for any rulers after. Alexander drew the maps etc logistically Menander had a lot more to go on that Aristoltles misgueded routes.
Maybe Ill look a little more at Menander maybe my spell from Alexander has been broken. But I doubt it am I cursed with my devotion to Alexander.Cheers Kenny