Ilya Salkind movie

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

karen
Hetairos (companion)

Ilya Salkind movie

Post by karen »

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned here before, but... via Megalexandros (http://www.livejournal.com/community/megalexandros/)... there's a movie being produced by Ilya Salkind about Alexander in his youth that looks really campy. Someone on the IMdB forum called it "Macedonia 90210".Website has photos and synthy soundtrack bit as background: http://www.ilyasalkindcompany.com/curre ... r.phpKaren
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Ilya Salkind movie

Post by beausefaless »

AKA dailyplanet is mistaken, the time of Alexander III lived in the forth century BCE not the third.But yes this film has been around even before Oliver started his shoot also another was made and was supposed to be out last September but the producers got cold feet maybe Stones film had an effect. Myself I was fascinated with the character Leto but most of all the ladies of pothos expressed lots of negativity with this part of the story, she reminds me of Guinevere in the latest King Author. Oh well, too bad.Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I hope these producers get off their lazy bottoms and release these movies.Best regards, Andrew
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Judging from the photographs, this movie could be compensation for Alexander the Great never making an appearance on Xena! Pity it isn't a musical - if it was, I could see it becoming the next Rocky Horror Picture Show. And never mind about Leto, Andrew, - I vote for Hephaistion as the best eye-candy in this film. (LOL) ATBAmyntoros
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Hey, Karen, how is your book coming? When will it be released?
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

I hear ya darling, LOL :-)
karen
Hetairos (companion)

How my book's coming

Post by karen »

My book is coming very slowly, and, in part because of that, I have not found a publisher yet, so it's very hard to say when it will be released.It's a story that tends to chew up writers/directors and spit them out -- viz Oliver Stone, every novelist except Mary Renault, etc. Strange as it may sound, it's a hard story to make interesting unless you have some sort of psychodynamic plot driver, because the action part soon becomes utterly predictable even to people who know nothing of the history: he wins, he wins again, he wins again, etc. So writers (unless they decide to play strictly to the armchair generals out there, as Pressfield did) look for dramatic meat in his relationships, trying to do a Freudian thing with his parents, or have him having lots of steamy sex, or whatever. And they have a hard time tying it all together and making it work, because they can't find that single big question that haunts Alexander himself, that drives him and thus sustains tension all through the story.Well... I figured out what it is, at least from my standpoint, just last week. So I'm hoping that will speed up the writing... character motivation becomes writer motivation, at least for me. My goal is to write a book which will make readers feel they've really been inside the head of Alexander, because what I portray as being there makes all his historically-known actions fall together and make sense. That post I wrote about transcendence being Alexander's passion, which became a page on this site, was a flash of it.Whether I succeed or not is another question, but I think I will if I work at it hard enough. So much of it is about emphasis, about what you play up and what you play down, and I've played up the wrong things in much of what I've written already, so I might have to toss out all or most of it, including the piece in the showcase on this site... ...but that's how writing goes.Warmly,
Karen
rollsrite
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: How my book's coming

Post by rollsrite »

single big question, wow this sounds very exciting. the question i hope is " who do i belong to?" and i a child of a god or a mortal man? he lived and died a god in his mind. tina rollrite
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Re: How my book's coming

Post by karen »

Well... I'm not telling! ;-)But I'll say this much -- you're not far off.What's your interest in ATG, Tina?Warmly,
Karen