Marcus and I, mere Peasants

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

iskander_32

Marcus and I, mere Peasants

Post by iskander_32 »

Comrades Companions HiIt saddens me that Marcus and I are treated as second class citizens amongst Alexander readers.Here in the UK we have to wait another month for the movie about the warrior king, wew read the posts and movie reviews through a grren mist knowing we have top wait.Why was god so cruel to treat us this way when we should be equal amongs Alexandronians.I hear even more saddening that the Netherlands gets it before us,, Does our country not care for us as British citizens,,Why do we have to wait..
tears tears.Linda Thanks for the sage title I never thought of mywself that wise .regardsKenny
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Marcus and I, mere Peasants

Post by ruthaki »

That is very odd considering Stone says part of it was filmed in England! I hope you get to see it soon. I'm up for the second time next week!
luisfc1972

Post by luisfc1972 »

wow that really sucks for the brits (in my opinion the coolest people in the world). ive already seen alexander twice. i will see it tomorrow, again. gaugamela alone is worth the price of admission. i can watch gaugamela over and over again. the drums, the eagle, the pre-battle speech, the visuals, the dust, the chaos, plain awesome. thats one of the best battles ive ever seen.
neneh
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by neneh »

I went to see it yesterday, and I can only agree with Luis. The Gaugamela scene is absolutely stunning. It's well worth the wait, Kenny. ;-)All the best,Neneh
luisfc1972

Post by luisfc1972 »

Amen Neneh. let me ask you something though. the taming of becephalus sequence brought tears to my eyes. phillip agrees to alexanders proposition knowing the boy might get killed lol. it was a very touching scene. then alexander tames the horse and rides off, vangelis score in the background, again i say, tears. beautiful scene.
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

It's a relief to read some good critics about the movie, thanks!
I've read so much negative publicity that I was starting to dispear:-(Now I can look forward to the movie with a better morale, only problem is that who knows when it will be screened in Tehran! In any case there's only 1 cinema that shows subtitled instead of dubded movies;-)
Oh well, I'll be in Greece for Christmas, I'll see it then!
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Talk about a *fine-tuned* professional army! The best there ever was before the gun powder age and Stone showed it. You talk about *good* fighters, every thing you and I just said can be considered an understatement. I completely agree! Nicely said luisfc1972.
neneh
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by neneh »

I had the same thought; Phillip happily agreeing to his only son and heir trying his luck with this mad animal that not even the most experienced horsemen could tame. But Alexander rides away and Phillip is looking appropriately proud. Didn't bring tears to my eyes, but yeah, it was a good scene. The kid playing the young Alexander impressed, I thought.All the best,Neneh
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Andrew HailYour really getting my head popping here, If there was a person i thought maybe wouldnt Like the movie was you,,, For your comments its a great endorsement.
CheersKenny