Christmas get-together, UK

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

susan
Somatophylax

Christmas get-together, UK

Post by susan »

As it's coming up to Christmas, what about a Pothos meeting for the Brits? I think that there are several of us with easy access to the West Country - for instance Bristol, Stroud - so if anyone wants to meet, let's set a date and time.Susan
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Christmas get-together, UK

Post by marcus »

I'm definitely on for that - being a West Country yokel nowadays! :-)I can't really do anything in the week leading up to Chrismas, though (for once I have a jam-packed diary) - unless it were Monday 20th.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

I could possibly make the 20th. Best wishes, Andrew
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by jona »

Jeeez, you're just one step too fast. I wanted to propose a similar meeting in London in February/March and was trying to obtain permission to see the archives of the British Museum together. Anyhow, nothing will prevent us/you from meeting twice.Jona
susan
Somatophylax

Post by susan »

I'm going to the winter solstice at Stonehenge on the night of the 21st/22nd, so Monday 20 would fit in well - or any time earlier in DecemberSusan
nick
Somatophylax

Post by nick »

If we plan this just after Xmas and boxing day, I am prepared to take the Eurostar and cross the channel. Susan, Marcus... I'd love to give both of you a big hug. ;-)Regards ---Nick
iskander_32

Post by iskander_32 »

I hope your meeting is great I would love the Idea, Alas I am a busy chef and work lots and York is too far for me.However I would welcome personal corresponadance with anyone from Pothos,, Marcus Id love to talk to you we hit a few spots,,Is there a members list with EmailsI had one wonderful thought, It would be good if we all went to see the movie ion january and shared the experrienve and shared views there and then.
Kenny
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Sorry, can't make it. I'll be in Cuba at the jazz festival in Havana. But you Brits go ahead and have a jolly, festive time. ruthaki
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I would have thought there would be plenty of opportunities to meet up - why restrict ourselves to just one a year?I'm *always* up for a British Museum visit - towards the end of 2005 they'll be doing a special Ancient Persia exhibition, so we mustn't forget that, too. I'll certainly be around, in London or Stroud, between Xmas and New Year ... Kenny, I never have any objection to carrying on correspondence outside the Forum - you can link directly to my e-mail address from the Forum.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
iskander_32

Post by iskander_32 »

marcus how do i Correspond directly with E mail through forum?Kenny
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

After your name on a post is a link in brackets. Just click on it and it should bring it up.If it doesn't work, my address is Marcus_Pailing@hotmail.comall the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
neneh
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by neneh »

You're making me jealous... I want to go to Cuba too! As it is, I'm stuck in Sweden until at least February next year. :-( (*Looking out through my window at the half-meter deep snow and -12C cold darkness*). Wanna swap?
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I think Ruth said that *just* to make us jealous. We don't even have the excitement of 1/2 a foot of snow here ... just rather cold and dreary weather.Let's make it a Pothos meet-up in Havana, and not worry about the cost ...Marcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

RE Cuba: at the present moment I am looking out at a very wet, wet day and dreaming of the Cuban sunshine. It's just for a week, but I'm looking forward to the music and the marvelous architecture.
A big change from my usual haunts.