Alexander's Death

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

keyakutchai

Alexander's Death

Post by keyakutchai »

There is something that I have been wondering about here lately, and for a while: Does anyone else besides myself believe that the story of Alexander's death by sickness and/or poison is complete nonsense created by someone whose opinion of Alexander was an influence on their decision on the form of his death? I personally know how he really died, if anyone cares to know.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Alexander's Death

Post by ruthaki »

Oh? Where you there?
susan
Somatophylax

Post by susan »

Do tell us your idea of how he died, and how you've come to this conclusion.I think his death was natural, although that's not to say that there may have been plots to kill him - I expect that there always were such plots; few Macedonian rulers died in their beds and they were on the constant lookout for plotters.Susan
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

and I've got his email address. Next?
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

HiCome on then, let's have it.Chris
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

:)Gosh, maybe if you are good. He desn't log on much, what with being dead and all.
qadir

: Alexander's Death

Post by qadir »

hi all
did alexander really die?
did jesus really die
the koran says he didnt
god raised jesus up
theres a second coming fr jesus
the same applies to alexander
theres no mystery regarding alexs deaTH
he did not die
therll be a second comin fr him
when he comes and conquers the world he imam mahdi
i hope its cleat now
bye
lucinos

Re: : Alexander's Death

Post by lucinos »

ZEI KAI BASILEVEI KAI TON KOSMO KYRIEVEIthere is a greek (fairy)tale that alexander have a sister which is half woman half fish and live in sea. she asks the captains if alexander is alive. if you say he is dead then she sinks the ship. the best is to say the above fraise. it means "he is alive and he is reign and he is conquering the world"