Re: HBO Miniseries Terminated

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

According to July 12th Yahoo News the Mel Gibson production company's proposed adaptation of Mary Renault's "Fire From Heaven" and "The Persian Boy" is terminated. I don't know the status of the *movie* set for production in India(October). Different Subject: I found a creative t-shirt on eBay with the obverse side of shirt reading "Alexander the Great World Tour" and it has a colored image of the Porus Battle, listing the places Alex conquered. The shirt is similar to a concert-styled shirt. Yeah, I purchased it
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I think it's sad news about the miniseries - I reckon they might have done a pretty good job of it.I've heard about these T-shirts, and I have to admit that I would definitely purchase one.I'll have to do a bit of searching!All the bestMarcus
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I've got two Alexander t-shirts from Greece. One has the Opis speech on it. The other is from the famous mosaic of Alexander's battle with Darius.
ruthaki
Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

The "concert ATG" shirts I mentioned can be purchased from eBay...just type in the great one's name in the search, and a fusillade of items will appear, then scroll down until you come upon "Concert Shirts" or something similar to that. They are $10 and quite comfortable!! I get lots of comments when I wear it . Also, in case anyone out there is into orthodox icons, there is an icon of Saint Sisoes the Ascetic who is beholding the opened tombed of ATG...it is very moody!
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Excellent! I shall do that search and purchase one forthwith...Thanks for the info - what a great source this forum is, eh?All the bestMarcus
Nick Christakes

Post by Nick Christakes »

When I was in Delphi, I browsed around the shops at night, and found this excellent T-shirt with Alexander the Great poised in battle with a spear in one hand, and the Macedonian round shield in the other...of course I bougth it, and wear it frequently...never get any comments on it though, even though he is in the buff.
later Nictor
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hmmm, I see that there are obviously a number of such gewgaws available, and I have managed never to have seen any of them. It sounds as if my (not very big) T-shirt collection might start growing...All the best (and with a spot of envy for those who have Alexander T-shirts while I don't)Marcus
Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

In the 'buff', you say Nick? Hmmm, perhaps you should have purchased several and placed them on eBay, and folks such as myself (ATG votary)could buy them. I must say, I am *jealous* . Wear it in pride, fellow ATG disciple .