Try my quiz

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Fiona »

Vergina Sun wrote:Just out of curiosity, Fiona, what Alexander character are you? :wink:
Oh, I was very happy to come out as Alexander. I did try to answer the questions honestly, and not fix the result - honest! :D
Congrats on being the first person to get Roxane!
Fiona
Vergina Sun
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Vergina Sun »

Fiona wrote:
Vergina Sun wrote:Just out of curiosity, Fiona, what Alexander character are you? :wink:
Oh, I was very happy to come out as Alexander. I did try to answer the questions honestly, and not fix the result - honest! :D
Congrats on being the first person to get Roxane!
Fiona
Oh, an Alexander! I was somewhat hoping to be Alexander the Great as well, but in all honesty, I don't think I would be brave enough. Great result though!
Yes, I was surprised to get Roxane as I didn't think she was an option (seeing what other people got) but it certainly was a pleasant surprise. :D
agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Post by agesilaos »

I came out as Alexander too, bummer; I was hoping for Lysimachos - a philisophical brute with military flair and no luck with the girlies. Was he an option?
Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Fiona »

agesilaos wrote:I came out as Alexander too, bummer; I was hoping for Lysimachos - a philisophical brute with military flair and no luck with the girlies. Was he an option?
Sorry, no, he wasn't! There were twelve options, Alexander, Aristotle, Cassander, Cleitus, Darius, Harpalus, Hephaistion, Olympias, Perdiccas, Ptolemy, Roxane and Sisygambis.
Thanks for playing,
Fiona
Phryne

Re: Try my quiz

Post by Phryne »

Interesting Quiz! I got Ptolemy... I so wanted to be Alexander :evil:
Semiramis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Semiramis »

I got Cleitus! Good thing Alexander knifed me in a drunken argument. I would've been scheming otherwise. :D
Phryne

Post by Phryne »

Semiramis wrote:I got Cleitus! Good thing Alexander knifed me in a drunken argument. I would've been scheming otherwise. :D
LOL!At least Cleitus was adventurous and all. Ptolemy is kinda boring dammit!Nothing exciting about him :(
athenas owl
Hetairos (companion)

Post by athenas owl »

Phryne wrote:
Semiramis wrote:I got Cleitus! Good thing Alexander knifed me in a drunken argument. I would've been scheming otherwise. :D
LOL!At least Cleitus was adventurous and all. Ptolemy is kinda boring dammit!Nothing exciting about him :(

I think being the only one to die peacefully in his bed is pretty exciting... :D
Semiramis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Semiramis »

Phryne wrote:
Ptolemy's descendant Cleopatra is pretty exciting... :)
Nikas

Post by Nikas »

Bold and aggressive, your plain-speaking sometimes gets you into trouble, but you're never afraid to stand up for what you believe in.

Cleitus? Not the answer I was looking for! I was shafted! :roll: :D
Theseus

Post by Theseus »

This was fun. I got Alexander:
Your eyes are fixed on the horizon, and you work tirelessly to achieve the things you've set your heart on
I long for wealth, but to win it by wrongful means I have no desire. Justice, though slow, is sure.
"Solon Fragment 13" poem
Theseus

Re:

Post by Theseus »

agesilaos wrote:I came out as Alexander too, bummer; I was hoping for Lysimachos - a philisophical brute with military flair and no luck with the girlies. Was he an option?
Ahhh a Lysimachos admirer?! I find Lysimachos very interesting. The coins that were put out during his reign were some of the nicest. It is said an actual true to appearance portrait of Alexander was used on Lysimachos' coins.
I long for wealth, but to win it by wrongful means I have no desire. Justice, though slow, is sure.
"Solon Fragment 13" poem
Phoebus

Post by Phoebus »

I am a would-be Ptolemy.

Not much of a surprise there, I suppose. I could never imagine being an Alexander, but Ptolemy seems to have been the most sane and somewhat decent of the bunch who followed him.

I promise, though, that I would not have been as interested in inflating my opposition's numbers as he was! :wink: