Ancient Warriors - The Macedonians Documentary on Google

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Madog

Ancient Warriors - The Macedonians Documentary on Google

Post by Madog »

There is a free 25-30 Minute documentary to be had on Google video about the Macedonian army and the conquests of Alexander the Great.

Link below-

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... t+warriors

The video is part of an old TV series that was brodcast on the Discovery channel back in the 1990's called 'Ancient Warriors'. There used to be quite a few of these about various soldiers from Greek Hoplites and Roman legionnaires through to Huns, Mongols and the Japanese Samurai. (shouldn't some of these be Medieval warriors ?)

I haven't actually seen the documentary in its entirety and it seems to be rather low budget (synthesizer music and 5 men dressed as Pezhetairoi pretending to be the army of Alexander) but the history might be good but I'm not sure.

On a completely different note I also found John Romer's history/art program - 'Byzantium: The Lost Empire', which I remember watching many years ago. Did anyone else see this series?
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

There's this free film also, seemingly connected with The Telegraph, so it probably wonGÇÖt stay around for too long.
Tiffany Hall, Derek Chitwood and Josh Carter created this documentary about Alexander the Great and the Battle of Hydaspes as a requirement for their spring 2006 People Who Changed the World class at Georgia College & State University.

Their work was shared with other students through vodcasting, the video form of podcasting, and then was synched to iPods.

The movie is for educational purposes only, and Georgia College asks that it not be further distributed.
The link to the 17 minute (I think) documentary will ask you to download, but unfortunately I don't know if or how well it works. The sound card is defective on my cobbled-together computer console and although I could send the link to my son's Dell, I'm not sure what "vodcasting" or even "podcasting" is all about. (No computer techie here, folks!) If anyone is able to watch this, do tell us about it. A student made mini-documentary on the Hydaspes battle must be entertaining one way or the other. :)

Best regards,
Last edited by amyntoros on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Greetings amyntoros

The film is precisely concise.

Regards

Andrew