About Oliver Stone's ATG(from Brazil)

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

diogenes1

About Oliver Stone's ATG(from Brazil)

Post by diogenes1 »

I know the matter of ATG movie by Oliver Stone had already a throughly discussion in this forum,but since in Brazil we have just watched it I decided to share with you that our opinion was like the most of you,"rubish". But I think this movie was worthy to one thing,to emphasize that a saga like ATG's life deserves a trilogy,if you consider that the work of Tolkien the Lord of the rings,which is not more than a fiction had such an attention. So why not Hollywood accepts its failure and corrects its big mistake.
Ambrosia
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: About Oliver Stone's ATG(from Brazil)

Post by Ambrosia »

Yeah, I agree again I know this subject on Oliver Stones movie has been discussed on this forum before, but I agree with our friend here from Brazil that Alexanders story if ever told again through Hollywood should be broken up into a series of some sort maybe on HBO, or something like that. Oliver Stones movie was terrible and in my view deeply hurt Alexander and his amazing story for many generations to come. I have heard that Mel Gibson along with some other well known directors have kicked around the idea of doing a movie or mini series on Alexander The Great. Who knows, lets just hope that if Mel Gibson or anyone else decides to tackle this challenging story that they well do Alexander and his legacy justice. This is my first time writing to you all on this forum. This is really cool, and I look forward to reading and learning more from all of you.
Thank you