New Alexander Movie

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

AlexanderWar

New Alexander Movie

Post by AlexanderWar »

The race is over for the first Alexander The Great movie in over 4 decades is over. Baz Luhrman (Moulin Rouge, Romeo & Juliet) is directing and it will be called Alexander The Great. Leonardo Dicaprio will star as Alexander. Filming is set to start in Feb in Morocco with a budget of over $120 million. WOW, this could be the greatest movie ever if it doesnt turn out to be a umm musical, hehe.
Anyhow, Dino de Laurentis is producing (Conan the Barbarian, Red Dragon) This should be interesting.
For all info go to http://www.upcomingmovies.com and type in Alexander the Great in the search section.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808402868
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Re: New Alexander Movie

Post by maciek »

I hope it's joke - that with the Di Caprio.I think that Aleksander was a man not a pathethic and delicate boy. Sorry I just don't like him at all and such a movie is very importand to me. But in that case I will try to not think of it at all.
Sandra
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Sandra »

Just say Mamma mia! It is the most terrible ATG I've thought! It is simply .... Well, I hope other cast will be announced soon. And I hope it will be better- maybe some good actor as Hepheastion or some other supporting role will help?
rick

Post by rick »

I had the same first reaction to Leonardo as Alexander, however, think about it -
Leonardo has that same baby face look that most descriptions of Alexander allude to, and, Alexander apparently was prone to some bouts of drunken anger. Maybe Leonardo is a good choice. I am interested in seeing who is casted as Hephaestion and how that relationship is handled in the movie.
rick

Post by rick »

Ah, poor Leonardo, not getting too many votes agreeing with this choice. Look at my response to Maciej M (GÇÿMaciekGÇÖ) for some rationale that it may be a decent choice afterall. Any thoughts on Hephaestion? What about Jude Law - he's taller than Leonardo, as Hephaestion was taller than Alexander. Some could argue like Hephaestion he is more handsome than Alexander/Leonardo. I know some had thought of Jude Law as a choice for Alexander.
jam

Post by jam »

i would like to have more informations about this movie iam in morocoo thanks.
jam

Post by jam »

i would like to have more informations about this movie iam in morocoo thanks.
pandora7

Post by pandora7 »

Has anyone even seen Leonardo DiCaprio lately? He looks very different from the kid who played Jack Dawson in Titanic. I saw several clips of him at the Cannes Film Festival this past Spring where he was described as looking "Greek God handsome" and he truly did. By the way, I don't believe that Jude Law is taller than Leonardo who is 6 feet tall. Jude is also very handsome but he's losing his hair which makes him seem older than he is. Before writing Leonardo off as Alexander, at least see how the last five years has transformed him. He has two new movies coming out this December ... Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York, and Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people with his appearance ... and I mean that in a very positive sense. But truly, as an actor, he has always had it, as far back as This Boy's Life when he stole the show from Robert DeNiro ... and he was only 17. DiCaprio also has fairly exotic Mediterranean features ... he doesn't look particularly "home grown" ... which is another reason why I think he'd be perfect as Alexander.