Help, best way to upload photos to site?

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

lysis56
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Help, best way to upload photos to site?

Post by lysis56 »

Anyone, I've got some photos from Alexander's Barque at Karnak temple and would like to post them, but am unsure how best to do this.

Thanks,

Lysis
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Help, best way to upload photos to site?

Post by marcus »

lysis56 wrote:Anyone, I've got some photos from Alexander's Barque at Karnak temple and would like to post them, but am unsure how best to do this.
Hi Lysis.

I'm going to try to explain ... :oops:

Beneath the text box there are a couple of tabs. One of these says "upload attachment". Click this tab and then click "Choose file". Once you've selected your file, click "Add the file". Still beneath the text box you will then see "Posted Attachments", and a space to insert a "File comment". You can leave this blank, or insert a comment - doesn't matter. After that, click "Place inline".

That should be it ...

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
lysis56
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by lysis56 »

Thanks, Marcus, sorry to ask such a silly questions, but It's not quite working. That's why I thought there might be something other than just do as the little tab suggests. It's probably something to do with my computer which is on its last legs or my own ineptness. :?

Many thanks,

lysis
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

lysis56 wrote:Thanks, Marcus, sorry to ask such a silly questions, but It's not quite working. That's why I thought there might be something other than just do as the little tab suggests. It's probably something to do with my computer which is on its last legs or my own ineptness. :?

Many thanks,

lysis
Hi Lysis,

It might also be to do with the size of the file. I can't remember whether it's on this site or another I use which has the same forum format, but I have found that there's a maximum size for pictures.

I hope you do manage to upload your pics - my ones of the barque shrine are very dark and didn't come out too well at all. I had to do all sorts of messing around to make them more viewable!

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK