How can we improve the main Pothos site?

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

the_accursed wrote:If there were metics and women who, at the time....
Yet...had there been such restrictions, had not all free non-metic Athenian men been allowed citizenship...
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Paralus wrote:
Yet...had there been such restrictions, had not all free non-metic Athenian men been allowed citizenship...
I've lost count ... twice ... :cry:
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
the_accursed
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re:

Post by the_accursed »

Paralus wrote:
When is a glass "full"?
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: How can we improve the main Pothos site?

Post by Thomas »

Call me a cynic, but hasn't this thread drifted a little from the original?

I looked back to see where to split it but it is beyond me!
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

I do like the new look Thomas. And, yes, the topic has drifted rather. What's new?

So, do you think we could manage, on this platform, the proliferation of "sub fora" related to Argeads; Greek / Macedonian hisory; Diadoch hisory; Hellenistic themes etc?
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Thomas wrote:Call me a cynic, but hasn't this thread drifted a little from the original?

I looked back to see where to split it but it is beyond me!
Yeah, the drift happens on occasion and members may end up going in three or four different directions in the same thread! If a split can be easily made, we'll do it, but sometimes it's nigh on impossible, especially when more than one topic is discussed in each individual post.

Unless someone complains (which is when we'll attempt the impossible and try and split the thread) I don't worry too much. Some of our most enthusiastic debates have arisen from a slow "drift". Still, it may now be easier to split a thread in the earlier stages as I see that there's a new feature which says we can quote multiple posts (although it has a question mark next to it). Will try to figure out if and how that works, but it won't be for a short while as I have eye surgery tomorrow and again next week.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor