Volunteers required

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

Volunteers required

Post by Thomas »

Moving all the topics over is a reasonably big job.

I am obviously not as focussed on it as I should be :oops:

If you wanted to help I would be happy to train you up. It involves:

1) Being a perfectionist;
2) Being methodical;
3) Avoiding mistakes;
4) The ability to use a word-processor-type application
5) A fast internet connection (i.e. not dial up).
6) Time

I am sure that there are people who could step up? Anyone interested?
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Vergina Sun
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Vergina Sun »

I admit, being a full time student does take up quite a few hours, but I can always carve out time to help. I would be willing to step up and assist in any way that I can. Don't worry, I've written enough research papers to be a methodical perfectionist who can use a word prcessor. I also have a fast internet connection. Just tell me what to do, and I'll be more than happy to help.
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Vergina Sun

I am out all day today, but if you send me a private message (PM button) with a username you'd like I can get you set up as an editor.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Volunteers required

Post by marcus »

Thomas wrote:Moving all the topics over is a reasonably big job.

I am obviously not as focussed on it as I should be :oops:

If you wanted to help I would be happy to train you up. It involves:

1) Being a perfectionist;
2) Being methodical;
3) Avoiding mistakes;
4) The ability to use a word-processor-type application
5) A fast internet connection (i.e. not dial up).
6) Time

I am sure that there are people who could step up? Anyone interested?
Hi Thomas,

Are my editorial rights still extant on this new version?

I can't promise how much I'll be able to do, but obviously I will do what I can - the new school year has already started off on a bad foot with some of the most ridiculous and unworkable time-tabling in the history of time-tabling, and I've been lumbered with more teaching groups than I was supposed to have been lumbered with ... and there are too many shared classes ... and ... and ...

... the upshot being that I am snowed under at the moment (after only 2 days!); but if I can find some bits of time, then transferring articles sounds like a very good displacement activity!

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
sikander
Somatophylax

Unfortunately...

Post by sikander »

Greetings Thomas,

While I wish I *could* help, I am going to have a systems shut-down for a few days. In addition,, I live in the high mountains and while I can still moderate and edit (I hope! <smile>), I do not have a fast connection.

Please let me know how it goes, however, in case we need to look at ways I *can* help, even if slowly..

Regards,
Sikander
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: Volunteers required

Post by Thomas »

marcus wrote: some of the most ridiculous and unworkable time-tabling in the history of time-tabling, and I've been lumbered with more teaching groups than I was supposed to have been lumbered with ... and there are too many shared classes ... and ... and ...
:lol: I have a pretty good balance this time and for the first time do not teach IT (yay!). I don't have any y8 or y7 in week B though which is sad. Whispe it quietly, but all my groups this year appear quite nice, including the bottom set year 10!

Yes, you have editor rights on this version - PM me if you can't remember how to access them. Even if you don't have time to copy things over, looking over the new site and removing out of date things would be really useful.

Sikander - same applies to you - you have access and even if you are staying on top of things like typos and mis-placement of articles in the structure that would be great...

Thomas
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Deleted
Last edited by beausefaless on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Yes, the forum and site editing have different passwords. Something we'll have to live with for now, possibly for ever!!

As for Vista, I am at a loss. I have never even seen Vista, nor am I likely too for a while.

I'll email you about access...
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté