The recent down time - May-June 2007 (recovered)

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

The recent down time - May-June 2007

Post by Thomas »

Well, we are back. The hosts got hacked and changed all the passwords and I was too dim to realise that this killed the forum.

I have been looking in to moving servers sooner than planned and will report back here.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Nice to see you exist Thomas. I was beginning to wonder if you were't a recursive grammar algorithm for generating textual content....or not as the case may be.

We shall see eh?
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
athenas owl
Hetairos (companion)

Post by athenas owl »

Thank you for getting it back..I didn't realise just how much I appreciated the forum till it was gone...
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

I am just so embarrassed... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

OK, there are 80 articlesthat have not been transferred to the new site.

Each one takes about 5-10 minutes to manually copy over and there is no shortcut. This makes around 10 hours of work!

I prefer to do this myself since it is a little fiddly, but if any of the moderators/regular posters are feeling technical I may be open to offers of help ;). PM me. Once the articles are moved we can change everything over - which will take about half a day (the database here is now >40MB and needs to be moved around and things set up).

Track the progress of the move....

(If you feel there is not much progress just PM me and it will get me going again I guess. 3 down, 77 to go!)
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Thomas & Marcus

Post by beausefaless »

Deleted