Formatting posts - inserting images etc.

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

HTML would not help...

Post by Thomas »

It is of course not HTML. BBCode is entirely new.

More a case of interpreting the "help". :P
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
marcus
Somatophylax

Ah, right

Post by marcus »

Oh, well, there it is!

Still, the point's still valid - if I knew more about coding generally I might have got there. As it was, I was on the right lines ... honest! :lol:
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Susa

Post by Susa »

Hi. I've been a regular lurker on the pothos forum for years now and this change in format has actually encouraged me to register after all this time, so that I could say how much I prefer it over the old forum layout. It's so much more user-friendly and easier to navigate. (Having said that I've just realised I should have put this comment in the appropriate thread...never mind!)
Thanks for your efforts, Thomas.
:D
marcus
Somatophylax

Hi Susa

Post by marcus »

Hi Susa,

How lovely to hear from you after so long - welcome back on to Pothos as a regular contributor (I hope).

All the best
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Re: HTML would not help...

Post by Paralus »

webmaster wrote:It is of course not HTML. BBCode is entirely new.
Yes indeed Thomas. BBCode is somewhat more user friendly that full HTML. Dispenses with all that <a href="blah, blah ">rubbish</a> garbage!

Been away since the seventh and am just back. Time to get into it agin maybe?! Pity one can't add an image without a url for it to be sourced.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: HTML would not help...

Post by Thomas »

paralus wrote:Pity one can't add an image without a url for it to be sourced.
Yes, but I think it is wise when thinking of bandwidth. And there are lots of image hosting sites I believe.

Link to (pothos supporting) Google search on image hosting
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Susa

A Tale of two Susas?

Post by Susa »

marcus wrote:Hi Susa,

How lovely to hear from you after so long - welcome back on to Pothos as a regular contributor (I hope).

All the best
:oops: :oops: Thank you Marcus, except I think there may be a case of mistaken identity here, since I am another Susa, whose pothos participation has been strictly in lurk mode until recently, when I was 'moved' to finally register myself. I have used 'Susa' in other forums (and it is almost my own name) so I checked the membership list first and made sure there wasn't anyone else registered with this name before committing the deed...I do hope I've not trod on someone else's user name. Apologies if I have....
Susa the Great
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: A Tale of two Susas?

Post by Susa the Great »

Susa wrote:
marcus wrote:Hi Susa,

All the best
:oops: :oops: Thank you Marcus, except I think there may be a case of mistaken identity here, since I am another Susa, whose pothos participation has been strictly in lurk mode until recently, when I was 'moved' to finally register myself. I have used 'Susa' in other forums (and it is almost my own name) so I checked the membership list first and made sure there wasn't anyone else registered with this name before committing the deed...I do hope I've not trod on someone else's user name. Apologies if I have....
Well, I only had to add "The Great", and now we can share the name. Pity it has been 6 years since Susa doesn't come around... and old ID is gone forever...
Come live forever with me, or transpire / a flame alone on a funeral pire / We'll build an empire if we so desire, travel the world, and set it on fire.