Hephaestion Tomb- Mrs Peristeri's Amphipolis Announcement-

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Hephaestion Tomb- Mrs Peristeri's Amphipolis Announcement-

Post by system1988 »

AT 18:00 Greece time, mrs Persiteri will announce the Amphipolis excavation results

Here is the link for the live announcement in Greek (of course) and you will most likely be able to watch the ceramics and the scethces.

http://www.auth.gr/video/19293

EDIT

If I am hearing this right live right now (the sound is not that good!!!!) the architect Lefatzis is showing us inscriptions with the monogram of Hephaestion that prove that the entire tomb complex was made after Alexander the Great's order to dedicate it to Hephaestion
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
hiphys
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Hephaestion Tomb- Mrs Peristeri's Amphipolis Announcement-

Post by hiphys »

If only they'll find an image, a long inscription with historical news about Hephaistion!
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Hephaestion Tomb- Mrs Peristeri's Amphipolis Announcement-

Post by system1988 »

hiphys wrote:If only they'll find an image, a long inscription with historical news about Hephaistion!
Sorry hiphys, right now i am deeply impressed-i saw the tree iscriptions( even very fast) -i can t ask for more ! Of course we talk about an " ηρώον' not ' tomb' I suppose.The same thing Alexander ordered to Kleomenes in Egypt...
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει