POLL: Alexander was an alien?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

POLL: Alexander was an alien?

Post by Thomas »

I was tickled by Efstathios' suggestion for a poll so went with it.

You will not believe some of the emails I have had over the years as web master (no less than three from reincarnated Alexanders in the same year), so I am half expecting the "extraterrestrial" option to come out top. :P
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: POLL: Alexander was an alien?

Post by marcus »

Thomas wrote: You will not believe some of the emails I have had over the years as web master (no less than three from reincarnated Alexanders in the same year), so I am half expecting the "extraterrestrial" option to come out top. :P
Uh-oh! :roll:

I await the result with ... errrr ... interest ...

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
cynisca

Post by cynisca »

Well, there was the story that in 329bc fiery flying 'shields' were bothering his men in India....!!!
Alexander was probably mortal otherwise he would not have succumbed to the afterlife....but definitely had a certain 'something' that makes you wonder...!
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Ah, Alexander as an alien! I soooo wanted Stargate SG-1 to make Alexander a GGÇÖaould! Of course, that would have meant him being a bad guy GÇô and he would have had to be defeated in the end. Still, they could have revealed him to be Tokra and that would have solved their problems.

Apparently, producers of sci-fi are fairly averse to using historical characters. There was a six-part script about Alexander completed for the very first season of Dr Who, but it was never filmed. After receiving complaints from schools about the Marco Polo episode, the production office decided to gear all future historical adventures on the periphery of famous historical events. I can understand this, to a degree. The Alexander script had four members of AlexanderGÇÖs retinue plotting to kill the king so that one of them could succeed to the throne. That successor would have been . . .ahem . . . Seleucus!

Best regards,

Amyntoros
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Yoda of Stagira

Post by dean »

Hello,

Alexander as an alien- yes try to get your head round that one.
Luke Skywalker -and Darius Vader eat your heart out!
Best regards,
Dean

(p.s. could Chubaka be Cleitus the black?)

Best regards,
Dean

p.p.s. and Aristotle- Yoda? :roll:
Paralus
Chiliarch

Empire Wars

Post by Paralus »

Use the Phalanx Lukeos.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

And, what did Lukeos ask of the oracle at Siwa?

"Obe Philip Kenobe told me you murdered my father, is that so?"

"No, I am your father! Come with me and we will rule the Achaemenid Empire as Father and son. Lukeos....it is your destiny! A certain Codomannus has forseen it."
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Aspasia
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Aspasia »

It amazes me how easy it is to find parallels in all great stories. Good guys, bad guys, higher powers.... Aliens!! Of course Alexander was an alien!!! The different coloured eyes were the dead giveaway (did he have different coloured eyes)? One was really a camera taking footage of the lesser beings aka humans. And he smelled devine- if this isnt a typical alien feature, i dont know what is?!
Coral

Re: Yoda of Stagira

Post by Coral »

dean wrote:(p.s. could Chubaka be Cleitus the black?)

Best regards,
Dean

p.p.s. and Aristotle- Yoda? :roll:
Surely Chewbacca would be Bucephalas, the most famous horse in history?
Han Hephaistion Solo. :D
Aristotle seems more like Obi-Wan Kenobi and the mysterious Oracle in the remote desert, Yoda.

But who is Olympias?
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Post by dean »

Come on Chubaka prepare for hyperspeed!!!!!! :shock:

Here we go!!!!

Best regards,
Dean
carpe diem
Efstathios
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Efstathios »

Heh, and Aristotle is supposed to have came from the A of Lepus constellation along with his father when he was a boy.In Stageira,where his is supposed to have been born there is an area where the rock is black,like from high temperature,and supposedly this is the spot where the spaceship that carried him and his father landed.The best part is that Aristole took off again for his homeplanet and now is just 7 earthly months away.Time in space travel is different than time on Earth as we know.So he now must be at final approach;D

And if you think this is too exagerated,all this was in a book called Stageira E cosmoship,where the author claimed that he had broken the code in Aristotle's Organon,where all this information are.

Aristotle indeed may have included a code in his books.The Organon in it's initial form ,which cannot be easily found today,there only exist a few books from the 1800's in German,is very difficult to comprehend as a book.Aristotle spoke about an object that dint have wings but could fly faster than the speed of matter.And there is another sentence which is supposed to be in one of his books, which says about a being with four fingers,but i cannot verify this as i havent seen this.Maybe it all made up.

Nevertheless Aristotle knew a lot about the universe and how things worked,and although he supposedly made some mistakes, like with gravity,is it he who made the mistake,or we that dont still have the knowledge?Aristotle also set the basis for quantum theory with his logic.

Now to Alexander,he may have been an incarnation of an extraterrestrial being or just a human born on Earth like everybody else.What's for sure is that his strategic mind has never been surpassed.I think he would be a grandmaster in chess if they had chess back then.

P.S the flying disc story at the siege of Tyr is fictional.There is no such account in the sources.
marcus
Somatophylax

My view on all of this

Post by marcus »

AAAAA-RRRRR-GGGGG-HHHHHH-!!!!!!

:shock: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :?

'Nuff said.
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
cynisca

Post by cynisca »

well, er......there are two ancient time travellers by the name of Alexander and King Darius.....!
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

I'm no longer able to tell if people are serious or not with their responses here.

Ah, Thomas, what have you wrought? :roll: :)

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

amyntoros wrote:I'm no longer able to tell if people are serious or not with their responses here.

Ah, Thomas, what have you wrought? :roll: :)
I'm starting to long for another FYROM debate ... :?

Can we add "Alexander was an alien" to the list of forbidden subjects?

ATB
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK