Testing St Mark

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Taphoi

Re: Testing St Mark

Post by Taphoi »

I'm sure there would be many further publications, should testing suggest the remains are Alexander. The literature on Alexander's exploits in death might come to rival that concerning his life.Best wishes,Andrew
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

I'm sure there would be many further publications, should testing suggest the remains are Alexander. The literature on Alexander's exploits in death might come to rival that concerning his life.Best wishes,Andrew
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Andrew HailAnd happy new year.If these remains are found will your next book be starting. Will you have certain exclusivity to the procedure and would you have any involvement with and tv production company.If so then could we assume that wed have to wait for a tv progarme before you told us anything.Kenny
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Andrew HailAnd happy new year.If these remains are found will your next book be starting. Will you have certain exclusivity to the procedure and would you have any involvement with and tv production company.If so then could we assume that wed have to wait for a tv progarme before you told us anything.Kenny
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Merry Christmas Andrew, May I ask how much do you know about Roxanne? I did read your text about St. Mark testing, and I have a good reason to ask you about Roxanne. I did see your contribution on the National Geographic dvd, and appreciate your efforts to convince us of Alexander's worth.If you could direct me to information at your website, I would be most appreciative. Thanks, Jan
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Merry Christmas Andrew, May I ask how much do you know about Roxanne? I did read your text about St. Mark testing, and I have a good reason to ask you about Roxanne. I did see your contribution on the National Geographic dvd, and appreciate your efforts to convince us of Alexander's worth.If you could direct me to information at your website, I would be most appreciative. Thanks, Jan
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

Hi Jan,I know a bit about Roxane, but you would have to have a specific question. The only things on my website would be various antique pictures of Roxane under Alexander images. These are of course imaginative, since there are to my knowledge no authenticated ancient representations of her (I do not think the queen in the Pompeii mural can be Roxane).Best wishes,Andrew
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

Hi Jan,I know a bit about Roxane, but you would have to have a specific question. The only things on my website would be various antique pictures of Roxane under Alexander images. These are of course imaginative, since there are to my knowledge no authenticated ancient representations of her (I do not think the queen in the Pompeii mural can be Roxane).Best wishes,Andrew
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Andrew HailIf you had encouragement or imn put what would you reckomend to the Investigators to look for to establish wether it was ALexander?Perhaps the nose been broken off as we know Augustus Caesar did. OR perhaps explore the rib cage for fractures that must have happened with the Arrow piercing and possibly been dug out.What for you would be a tell tale sign it was Alexander.Do you have a more obvious one?Kenny
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Andrew HailIf you had encouragement or imn put what would you reckomend to the Investigators to look for to establish wether it was ALexander?Perhaps the nose been broken off as we know Augustus Caesar did. OR perhaps explore the rib cage for fractures that must have happened with the Arrow piercing and possibly been dug out.What for you would be a tell tale sign it was Alexander.Do you have a more obvious one?Kenny
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

There was also the fibula wound near Samarkand.Best wishes,Andrew
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

There was also the fibula wound near Samarkand.Best wishes,Andrew
kennyxx
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by kennyxx »

Hail AndrewI guess many wounds would be able to prove. I would say the arrow left cracked and broken ribs as the arrow passed through and the surgeons must have even broke the ribs to free the arrow barbs.would flesh wounds still show or would we rely to skeletal damage.kenny
kennyxx
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by kennyxx »

Hail AndrewI guess many wounds would be able to prove. I would say the arrow left cracked and broken ribs as the arrow passed through and the surgeons must have even broke the ribs to free the arrow barbs.would flesh wounds still show or would we rely to skeletal damage.kenny
Taphoi

Post by Taphoi »

If Manin's description of the remains in St Marks is accurate, then only skeletal damage is likely to be discernible.Happy New Year!Andrew