kennyx sowden

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Paralus
Chiliarch

Re: kennyx sowden

Post by Paralus »

G'day Kenny!I'm going to try something on Saturday evening to go with the mud crabs along those lines.You're right: fresh, crisp and colour. And the Roma (Mediterranean?) toms are the go.Reckon an Alexander Salad would have a bit of "go" to it though: Vietnamese basil, fish sauce, lime juice, olive oil and a little chilli?? (I'm the home chef: totally untrained)The "Alexander Hydaspes Salad"!Paralus.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

G'day Kenny!I'm going to try something on Saturday evening to go with the mud crabs along those lines.You're right: fresh, crisp and colour. And the Roma (Mediterranean?) toms are the go.Reckon an Alexander Salad would have a bit of "go" to it though: Vietnamese basil, fish sauce, lime juice, olive oil and a little chilli?? (I'm the home chef: totally untrained)The "Alexander Hydaspes Salad"!Paralus.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Mark Gday CobberHail in my opinion you really dont need to be trained. Most people can cook very well.Mostly its Imagination how you like your food cooked and what you like.There are thousands of Recipes with basically not as many ingredients.The only way you can mess up is by burning. Undercooking .Ever seasoning or not getting your sauces.Pastries and baking are more precise as the ingredients generally need weighing as a rule I guess and mostly get away with it.Some chefs are regarded ass Geniuses I dont see it that way they are just good cooks is allo.Regards And eat well Kenny
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Mark Gday CobberHail in my opinion you really dont need to be trained. Most people can cook very well.Mostly its Imagination how you like your food cooked and what you like.There are thousands of Recipes with basically not as many ingredients.The only way you can mess up is by burning. Undercooking .Ever seasoning or not getting your sauces.Pastries and baking are more precise as the ingredients generally need weighing as a rule I guess and mostly get away with it.Some chefs are regarded ass Geniuses I dont see it that way they are just good cooks is allo.Regards And eat well Kenny
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Careful you don't talk yourself out of a job, Kenny! :-)By the way - the salad suggestion sounds great. I'm going to do it at Christmas for a trial.CheersMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Careful you don't talk yourself out of a job, Kenny! :-)By the way - the salad suggestion sounds great. I'm going to do it at Christmas for a trial.CheersMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

Kenny, why do you call yourself Lord Typhoeus?Chris
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

Kenny, why do you call yourself Lord Typhoeus?Chris
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

It's Christmas "Chriso".
Paralus

Academia.edu
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

It's Christmas "Chriso".
Paralus

Academia.edu
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Nicator, I swear this proves esp to me. I was just thinking of Caesar shortly before I read this...
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Nicator, I swear this proves esp to me. I was just thinking of Caesar shortly before I read this...
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Kenny, You are making me think that you should throw a party and as you mentioned pastries, it could be reminiscent of the pastries that his adopted mother kept sending him which he finally returned to her. That would be fun...an Alexander dinner party!
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Kenny, You are making me think that you should throw a party and as you mentioned pastries, it could be reminiscent of the pastries that his adopted mother kept sending him which he finally returned to her. That would be fun...an Alexander dinner party!
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Chris For your info > would swear on Alexanders Memory that the lord Guy has nothing to do with me. If anyone here is a pc buff and can check please clarify that I aint no imposter trying to bolster myself up. would swear on Alexanders Memory that the lord Guy has nothing to do with me. If anyone here is a pc buff and can check please clarify that I aint no imposter trying to bolster myself up. would swear on Alexanders Memory that the lord Guy has nothing to do with me. If anyone here is a pc buff and can check please clarify that I aint no imposter trying to bolster myself up.Ifact I swear it on my 2 kids and Janet has seen my kids and wouldnt make such oaths on these people.Kenny