Would Alexander Empire be as Unjustr as Today

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Would Alexander Empire be as Unjustr as Today

Post by kenny »

Would Alexander Be responsible for the Atricities of today. We know Alexander was rich and generous towards his people.
I would hope he would treat society better thgan today a society of Greed neglect and murder.The pour are trod upon Taxed to the hilt and expected to hold society up with the sweat of there backs. As the Bourgiase I hope thats spelt right Live like parasites of the fat of the workers.Where the poor die of starvation neglect Abuse or Greed where Africa bleeds, would Alexander turn his back I am sure not.The opulent rich hoard there wealth like misers mansiuons all over the glome millions more than they would ever need yet a child dies ever 5 seconds from disease or hunger.I would impress on all those who would deride Alexander to look round to world today and see if they can say anything. Kettle and pan.ReagrdsKenny
susan
Somatophylax

Re: Would Alexander Empire be as Unjustr as Today

Post by susan »

Kenny, have you actually read what happened in India when Alexander invaded ? Slaughter of people that posed him no threat. The sources are all that you have to go by, to form a view of his actions, and they show slaughter and massacre. I can't see how you can put an 'Alexander was good and just' gloss on this, although I daresay you'll try.
Susan
elpinice

Post by elpinice »

Hey,Was there social welfare then? I imagine that it was survival of the fittest. I doubt that there were first world and third world countries in the same sense that we have today, but there is always a gap between rich and poor, and I believe it would have been greater in Alexander's lifetime rather than smaller. Correct me if I'm wrong.Elpinice
mako

Post by mako »

How can you look at Alexander from today morals. Once we were apes and ate raw meat - can you identify with that? No - same with Alexander.
Yet I don't beleive he went to conqueer half of the work just to kill????