Alexander was not unhinged, Tyrant or Despot

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

iskander_32

Alexander was not unhinged, Tyrant or Despot

Post by iskander_32 »

Hi Companionsfrom time to time writers put Alexander into the above catagories and insist as time went on he became more unhinged.I myself think it opbsurd and to be honest Alexander was very much in control of what he was doing.Alexander has been repeatedly put down because of his policy of intergration, mass marriages etc,, What people fail to understand is that the Alexander empire was more than greek and Macedonian for it to work Alexander had to try and make all his people live together side by side.It becomes clear that in the end greeks and Macedonians were fundamentally racist and they didnt at all like it, How could Alexander maintain a massive empire that would become bigger when he took the west and Arabia, How could it be maintained in the Greek Macedonian manner it couldn't in theory its the greek and macedonian Maintallity which was Dictatorial, In my view Alexander was more liberal and open minded than his kin folk.He was named brutal for what he did at Tyre, Tyre was a vital part of Alexanders policy to smash the Persian fleet, It had to be taken the Tyr and pestered and caused the Macedonians real pain and stress for & months its no wonder they were killed.If we look deeper at at Alexander it becomes clear he was not unhinged, those who became unhinged were the narrow minded Greeks and macedonian that couldnt understand the only way the empire would last was Alexanders way, this was proved when it disolved shortly after his death.regardsKenny