The nationality of Alexander the Great

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

georgege1969

The nationality of Alexander the Great

Post by georgege1969 »

I'm getting tired of all these people who said that
Alexander is not Greek but Slavish. Get serious! Slavish people came at the Balcan area six(6) centuries after Christ's birth and Alexander's born
three centuries and thirty four years(334)BEFORE!You know what means nine and a half centuries AFTER?
Stavros

Re: The nationality of Alexander the Great

Post by Stavros »

its ok. everyone wants a piece of Alexander the Great! too bad he was Greek.
A LOVER

Post by A LOVER »

LOL THANX 4 THE HELP MY TEAC SAYS HE WAS SALV BUT NOW I GOT PROOF
HEPHAISTION

Post by HEPHAISTION »

SONIA, WHERE YOUR TEAC BOUHGT HIS DIPLOMA FROM?
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Nicator »

Actually, He was born in 356 b.c., and appears to have been half Macedonian and half Greek (Epirus) in ethnicity. He was Macedonian in nationality, and outside the "Greek world" he was seen as a Greek, as were all others on his campaigns. But really, with so much border movement and transplants of genes over the millenia, it's unlikely we will ever know the true heritage of Alexander the Great. Besides that, it really doesn't matter does it? He became much more than merely Greek or Macedonian when he conquered the known world...he truly became international in every sense of the word. He is a treasure, and his memory should always reflect this...later Nicator
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander