The Passion of Alexander(contd)

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Dr. Pal

The Passion of Alexander(contd)

Post by Dr. Pal »

Dear Sikander,Thanks. Was Bessos, the GÇ£leader of the IndiansGÇ¥, an Afghan or Baluch?
I hope one day history will acknowledge the debt Christianity owes to the men and women of the ANE and AME. If you go only by the New Testament, Babylon may appear as the great city of vice but this is not the full picture. Nebuchadressar of Babylon is one of the great heroes of the Old Testament. In fact the tradition of Babylon was very different from that of Nineveh and the Babylonians often looked up to Elam. I have written in my book that Bagapa of Babylon was Gotama whose name was Bhagava. The name of Babylon, i.e. Babil is an echo of a very ancient city of the same name in Seistan which was renamed Alexandria Prophrhasia by Alexander. It is no accident that in India the Chistis of Sistan preach love and compassion(remember Ayatollah Sistani?).
In my view Prophthasia (Kuh-e Khwaja) was the abode of Prophets like Abraham, Zoroaster and Siddhartha Gotama. The name Babil may be a transform of Kapil(avastu) which was the birthplace of Siddhartha. Kabil of the Koran, who is said to correspond to Cain, may be one of the hoary Kapils of the Indian tradition.
Regards,
Dr. Pal