The Invisible Enemy by John Maxwell O'Brien

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

The Invisible Enemy by John Maxwell O'Brien

Post by jan »

Dear John,I have finally read your book totally and completely and only hope that you occasionally have the pothos to return to the forum. I wanted to sit down and argue with you a bit about some of your conclusions.I noticed that you use the term "pothos" quite often in this book. Your bibliography is staggering but I appreciate it so much as it will be an aide and help to any student who wants quick access to materials. Thanks so much for that.I do believe that your theory about wine is plausible but I am convinced that the changes in Alexander are due to his successes more than that of the wine.You were able to make me like and dislike Alexander at will. Your portrait of him as you used your broad brush of efficacy with the right phrases made me see him as an arrogant and tyrannical ruler of totally compulsive and self-centered behaviour. Whew! What an ogre that Alexander really is. :-)Despite it all, he lives on and on, a lot like the theme from the Titanic! Maybe that is why they selected Leonardo DiCaprio to fit into his robes, apricot or purple!I enjoyed the book. I will send a review to Sikander and see if he will post it. I hope you will like it.Thanks for a great experience!Jan