SHADOW OF THE LION: BLOOD ON THE MOON

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

ruthaki
Strategos (general)

SHADOW OF THE LION: BLOOD ON THE MOON

Post by ruthaki »

This is hardly 'off topic' because it's about my novel SHADOW OF THE LION (volume 1 BLOOD ON THE MOON) about the fall of Alexander's dynasty. And as of next June 10 I'll be doing a special reading at the main branch public library here in Vancouver to honour the anniversary of his death in 323 BC. The following week, June 18, I'm reading at a neighbourhood branch, Kitsilano, where many Greeks live, in honor of Greek Heritage Month.

(The book is available on Amazon.com or from highstreet book stores in UK, Barnes & Noble etc in US and Chapters and other stores in Canada. Volume 2 THE FIELDS OF HADES will be out early 2016) Published by Media-Aria-CDM Briston UK

I've had huge support from the Greek Consul here in Vancouver and from the PR of the Greek Embassy in Ottawa ON.
Pleased to say they are thrilled about the book and hope we can find a translator one day. The Consul, Mr Kremmydas, described the novel as "The Greek Game of Thrones, except it's a true story!"

I'll be heading back over to Greece in September and hope to do more readings there as I did last year. My official book launch on January 15 was a huge success, full house, at the Hellenic Community Centre in Vancouver, sponsored by the Greek Consul.
sikander
Somatophylax

Re: SHADOW OF THE LION: BLOOD ON THE MOON

Post by sikander »

Greetings and congratulations, Ruthaki

Regards,
Sikander
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: SHADOW OF THE LION: BLOOD ON THE MOON

Post by ruthaki »

Thanks Sikander. I appreciate any feed-back and support. Have loads of support from the Greek Consul of Vancouver and the PR person for the Greek Embassy in Ottawa. Would like to see more support from the literary community although I had had some really super reviews about the book from readers. My review in the Historical Novel Writers magazine was a huge disappointment and totally was opposite to what any other reader said about the book. But that's the way it is with reviews. I know it's a good book and hope that people take time to read it. (Alexander lovers especially). You can get it thru Amazon or other book stores.