Re: Book Reviews, Manfredi, et al

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Re: Book Reviews, Manfredi, et al

Post by jan »

Thanks for that. Like Catherine Deneuve, in her old advertising pitch for Chanel #5, I didn't have to ask. You knew what I wanted. I have just finished Child of a Dream which I liked because of small key words and points, pointing the finger at Aristotle with his gray eyes. What flattery! So Alexander all his life remains (as Homer said, a part of everyone) a version of Aristotle himself. I have read the first few chapters into Sands of Ammon. When finished with the trilogoy (reminding of Sandra Gulland's Josephine trilogy) I will submit a review.I don't like the battle of Granica by Manfredi so much as I like the battle as in Doherty's House of Death. But enough, I had been impressed with Hephaestion and Alexander as children crying out to one another, "You're dead." page 34. I thought that was a nice gesture on the part of Manfredi to covery my own tracks for me, so I appreciated that. Otherwise, I had only the Young and Restless to thank for helping me to overcome that terrible moment in my life this time round. I got the idea that I must have echoed all the way to Italy, and so I am grateful to the man in Milan for exposing that fact to me.Alexander's life too is nothing but soap opera material.