Alexander novels info moved to "off topic"

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Alexander novels info moved to "off topic"

Post by marcus »

Dear all,

I have made an executive decision, and moved all the recent threads on people's Alexander novels to the "Off-topic" forum.

This is not to say that we should not welcome posts about new and upcoming novels, but as there is a danger that these threads are going to turn into writers' workshops, or publishing advice threads, they do not really fit into the primary purpose of this forum, which is to discuss Alexander himself.

By all means, people should feel free to post information about their writing efforts, and indeed I feel we should encourage it; but perhaps we can reserve them for "Off-topic" rather than the main forum.

If anyone has a big problem with that, please let me or another of the moderators know, and my decision can be reviewed. :)

All the best
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Alexander novels info moved to "off topic"

Post by ruthaki »

As for me, I've recieved a lot of very helpful information while researching my novel on this site. So the fact that I published the update on it's progress was simply to inform those who had been helpful to me and to let them know what's happening with it. I, for one, have never considered this as a 'workshop' for my writing on the subject. I have my own writers workshop and writing connections here where I live. I only refer to Pothos because the novel is about the subject that this site deals with.