Latest Books.. ?

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Phoebus wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that it never dawned on me that many of you here may have had articles, positions, even outright books published. Your mention of an article on Argyraspids caught my eye; I would love to add anything I can find on them in my (meager library). Is it in a periodical or journal that I could access or purchase?
Now, now, don't go getting even slightly awed - no AB Bosworth here! An article published in a periodical called Ancient Warfare and another few under preparation. It can be difficult to locate as the publishers are not Collins, Hodder and Staighton and co. There is a leaning - perhaps a lurching - toward Roman history, but it is quite well produced and informative.

I'll send you a copy of the piece ,when I get home tonight, should you copy me your email in a PM. Then again, have you already done that?

Age shall not weary them but the memory condem!
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Phoebus
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Phoebus »

Just in case I didn't, see PM. :)

You had PM'd me your e-mail address back in December, but our servers failed to allow me to message you that way.

Edit: I'm familiar with Ancient Warfare. I received their inaugural issue, left for Iraq, returned, and promptly left for Italy. One of my "gifts to myself" is to finally get a subscription and purchase the back issues.
Sandra
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Sandra »

Paralus wrote:
Phoebus wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that it never dawned on me that many of you here may have had articles, positions, even outright books published. Your mention of an article on Argyraspids caught my eye; I would love to add anything I can find on them in my (meager library). Is it in a periodical or journal that I could access or purchase?
Now, now, don't go getting even slightly awed - no AB Bosworth here! An article published in a periodical called Ancient Warfare and another few under preparation. It can be difficult to locate as the publishers are not Collins, Hodder and Staighton and co. There is a leaning - perhaps a lurching - toward Roman history, but it is quite well produced and informative.

I'll send you a copy of the piece ,when I get home tonight, should you copy me your email in a PM. Then again, have you already done that?

Age shall not weary them but the memory condem!
Can I ask for a copy as well? :)
It is quite difficult sometimes to get your hands on journals about Ancient history- here, in Latvia....
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

You can ask...
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu