child of a dream by V Manfredi

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

mark

child of a dream by V Manfredi

Post by mark »

I have just finished Mr Manfredi's book of fiction on Alexander and I put in the catagory of some of the comic books I used to read as a kid.
I read because I was interested in the fact that it is supposed to be the basis for the upcoming movie by luzman.
I really do not read much fiction(actually this is my first) on historical people but I gave this book a crack,any input if the rest of the series is worth the time?
I was confused about Alexander of Mossilian and his preoccupation with Italy,I have read quite a bit about Alexander the Great and recall having never seen much he every mentions about that theater of operations.
If I am missing something may someone be kind enough
to point me inthe right direction,please.
thanks Mark
amhyellw14

Re: child of a dream by V Manfredi

Post by amhyellw14 »

Hello Mark, your message intrigued me but I think you are making a mistake in associating Alexander the Great with another Alexander who was the the brother of Olympias, one of Philip of Macedon's wives. Molossia, not Mossilia, was in Epirus and was an area of concern for Philip whilst he tried to secure a united Greece before waging war on the Persians. After defeating the existing King in 343 he installed Alexander, as a loyal alternative, in order to secure his South Western flank from attack. From the Manfredi books this is the Alexander that captures his sisters heart and is killed whilst Alexander the Great is away in Persia. Those books are a romantic way to begin learning about the man but try other non-fiction accounts to round out your understanding. Alexander the Greats aspirations were always towards Asia, get back to me for a chat or if you have any further questions!