:)

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

hoti

:)

Post by hoti »

Thank You a lot!!
That is,what I wanted to know:-)
I met information in Manfredi's book and Mary Renault's book( wchic I am reading now) so I was wandered if it is true:)
Thank You once again!!PS> Maciek, I don't know are you rememeber,but I'm from Poland and I had your e-mail adress time ago. My old nick was Kasia and I've written on this forum:) Maciek, I don't know are you rememeber,but I'm from Poland and I had your e-mail adress time ago. My old nick was Kasia and I've written on this forum:) Maciek, I don't know are you rememeber,but I'm from Poland and I had your e-mail adress time ago. My old nick was Kasia and I've written on this forum:)All the best!
Hoti:)
hoti

Re: :)

Post by hoti »

I'm sorry very much, but something broke dowm with my message:(
I didn't want this message to be a new post. That was a reply:/
I'm sorry once again!!
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Oh yes I remember of course but I didn't realise that You are Kasia... now I know;-))
The info about Peritas is given only in Plutarchus and I don't remember if he named city after this dog... I'll check and give You answer.
MaciekP.S. Have You watched the movie "Alexander"??
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Hello once again!
I have found that place in Plutarch.
This is text in polish:
"(...) gdy straci-¦ psa Perytasa, kt+¦rego sam wychowa-¦ i do kt+¦rego si+¬ bardzo przywi-¦za-¦, za-¦o-+y-¦ miasto i nazwa-¦ je jego imieniem."
english: "When he lost his dog Perytas, which was very close to him, he founded the city and named it his name." this is from Plutarch, Alexander, passage 62. The translation is not very good - sorry for that...Maciek
hoti

Post by hoti »

Great!! Thank You very, very much!!That is in Plutarch's "Zywoty slawnmych mezow"(sorry, but I don't konow this book's name in engilsh) :-(All the best!
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

I think in english it is: "Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans"
Hey Kasia have You watched the movie about Alex? Maciek
hoti

Post by hoti »

No, I haven't seen it yet. But i'am going to do is next week:) I'm looking forward watching it,but i dont't really think it's good. I must see it, but I don't expect something good... I'm afraid of this movie. But...If i see it, I'll tell something more.
And how about You??
What do You thing about it?All the best!PS> Sorry form my englisch once again:/
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Well for me it wasn't very good but I have to see it once again... I said what I feel about this movie oin this subiect: ATG Down Under cont'd Maciek
hoti

Post by hoti »

I've just read your opinion.
I see, that most of review aren't good. One of them was very short:" Big conqueror, small movie". Did you see it?
I think I'll be dissapointed. But, I'll write it once agin. When I see this movie, I'll write about it.All the best!