Three dissertations on the Aegean in the fourth century BCE

Discuss the culture of Alexander's world and his image in art

Moderator: pothos moderators

sean_m
Hetairos (companion)

Three dissertations on the Aegean in the fourth century BCE

Post by sean_m »

Three dissertations on military aspects of Alexander's world are now online at the University of Calgary Vault website. One deals with ancient horses, one with Greek and Macedonian tactics, and one with the skeletons in the tombs at Vergina. I have collected the links here.
My blog (Warning: may contain up to 95% non-Alexandrian content, rated shamelessly philobarbarian by 1 out of 1 Plutarchs)
agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Re: Three dissertations on the Aegean in the fourth century BCE

Post by agesilaos »

More to read! Thanks for the link that to the Wrightson paper does not work but it can be accessed by searching from within the vault, which the other links let you access. And I just found another three papers of yours to read, Sean; and I have not finished your thesis yet.
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.
sean_m
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Three dissertations on the Aegean in the fourth century BCE

Post by sean_m »

You are welcome. I have fixed the link: WordPress bends over backwards to do something with users' malformed HTML, but sometimes its algorithms are not as smart as they think they are.

I do not have time right now to go through all of these either, but there must be people out there for whom one of these is just the ticket.
My blog (Warning: may contain up to 95% non-Alexandrian content, rated shamelessly philobarbarian by 1 out of 1 Plutarchs)