Learn a bit of Greek

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Learn a bit of Greek

Post by agesilaos »

The open University have issued an introductory course for free online

http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/greek/

should be the link; it is really for beginners but is a course you can go through at your own pace it is even good to remind old hands like me that the synapses are not firing at full whack (there is a glitch in some of the multiple tests though wherein if you get the third of eight options wrong it will tell you you have two correct regardless of what follows, beware it made me doubt my sanity, well my hellenity) 8)
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.
delos13
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Learn a bit of Greek

Post by delos13 »

Thank you very much, I looked for something like this exactly. It's very helpful.
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

Very nice!

Thank you. I've always wanted to learn proper Greek. They offer courses where I am, but they are way too expensive. This is really helpful. :wink:

Once I've learned a bit of it with the help of this online course I will hopefully get to join a course in my city. I am saving money for it already :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Post by agesilaos »

The books for the JACT course are available quite cheaply on Amazon (and e-bay sometimes) with both the teacher's text and the pupil's it could be self taught; it would give you a head start on any course, in any case. I have only worke through the student text, however, it was the course we used for 'Beginner's Greek' at University.
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.