Message of Respect

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Phalanx Pursos
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Message of Respect

Post by Phalanx Pursos »

Greetings Pothos forum visitors.

"Please be more respectful towards eachother"

I got to tell you the truth about me, I've studied thousands of years of history. My speciality is culture, philosophy & religion, I've learned important knowledge which I really wanted to share with others. I haven't studied so much about Alexander the great, because I've studied many other military campains. That I was simply too tired to continue studying about Alexander of Macedon, but at least I have studied something.

I have written, translated & modified the first column of this wikipedia article about respect:
  • Respectfulness is the concern for a harmonious relationship with your family, friends and all other people in society, respect should be a natural response of politeness which can not be demanded. The true indentification of respectfulness values others for who they represent, with a concern not to look down onto other people. This results in the protection of someone else's personal or common values, so that opinions and persuasions do not harm the good intentions of someone else.

When you respect another, you factor in and weigh others' thoughts and desires into your planning and balance it into your decision making.

An example would be: respecting someone's opinion. You may or may not agree, but you place it into consideration, and it may ultimately influence your decision (even if partially).

In Asiatic phylosophy does self-respect and respecting others deserve to be respected.
I'm pro philosophy so bring it;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_sages_of_greece

Ainesis Hephaestus Hoplon, Asceplius Pandemos.

Sincerely,
Phalanx Pursos.
Aristoteles;
"Friendship is essentially a partnership"
ImageImage