Macedonian tomb of Ayios (Saint) Athanasios

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Re: Macedonian tomb of Ayios (Saint) Athanasios

Post by agesilaos »

Oh well, that must explain my liking for tulips and edam...those clasps are very like the shield, doh!
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.
decorationwin

Post by decorationwin »

Thank you for sharing this fascinating information about the tomb discovered in Ayios Athanasios! The painted frieze sounds particularly intriguing, with its depiction of banqueters and musicians in Macedonia. It's amazing to think that this tomb dates back to the end of the 4th century BC and that the occupant was buried with his armor.
I appreciate the effort you put into creating an atmosphere and providing context for the photos. It's clear that there is a lot more to learn about this tomb and the culture it represents. I'll definitely keep Maria Tsimpidou-Auloniti's book in mind if I want to delve deeper into this topic.
Thanks again for sharing this interesting piece of history!
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

Thank you very much for your kind words.This post is so old ...it causes some sadness because some of the people who took part in the discussion , are no longer with us
Also the photo-album is no longer functional , but i think you can see some photos of the this famous grave on the internet .And i still believe that in those frescos we see some 'photos' of the ' friends' of Alexander...
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

Hi System 1988.

I let this post through because it was harmless, but it says nothing, and if you look at the person's profile, they appear to be selling plants.
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

Hi Alexias
I thought it was a strange post after so many years , but never mind , it s always good to know a plant seller ... :D :lol: :wink:
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει